No new 3-star hotels to come up in Hanoi: Savills

By Ngoc Diem   May 6, 2024 | 05:11 pm PT
No new 3-star hotels to come up in Hanoi: Savills
Hotels in downtown Hanoi. Photo by VnExpress/Tam Anh
Hanoi is unlikely to add three-star hotels in the next three years as tourists prefer to stay at places with higher ratings, property consultancy Savills Hanoi said in a report.

But new four- and five-star hotels opened their doors to guests in the first quarter.

Nine five-star hotels are set to account for 76% of new hotel supply in the coming years, with four-star properties accounting for the remaining 24%, data from Savills shows.

Hanoi’s hotels reported an occupancy rate of 65% in the first quarter, up 7 percentage points year-on-year. Room rents rose by 11%.

Vietnam received 4.6 million international visitors in the first quarter, up 72% year-on-year. The leading sources of tourists were South Korea and China.

There was a notable growth in the number of Indian tourists with new flights being added between the two countries recently.

go to top