Man's arm necrotized due to toddler's bite

By Le Nga   May 25, 2024 | 02:30 am PT
Man's arm necrotized due to toddler's bite
A man suffers necrosis in his left arm after a 3-year-old child bites him. Photo courtesy of the hospital
A man in the northern Nam Dinh Province suffers necrosis after a 3-year-old child bites his arm.

The 49-year-old man was taken to the Nam Dinh General Hospital, then got transferred to the poison control center of Hanoi's Bach Mai Hospital on May 19.

Doctors found a wound on his left arm that was swollen and bruised, with a necrotized area spanning 6 cm. An MRI scan revealed that there was tissue inflammation under the skin.

Following intensive treatments, the man is recovering.

Doctors said one should not be careless when it comes to bite wounds, including bites from humans, as they may transmit numerous kinds of infections. Patients can also get blood poisoning if the bites are deep enough.

Human's saliva contains around 50 types of bacteria, with a density of around 10.8 million bacteria per mililiters.

go to top